Industry Recognition for What We Make Possible
It’s a dynamic time in our industry, and we continue to stand out. We recently received numerous awards for our workplace, our people, our products, and our solutions. We’re proud to share these achievements with everyone.
Cisco is No. 10 on the list of Best Workplaces in Europe 2015, in the Multinational Companies category.
We’re No. 13 on the list of Best Workplaces in the UK 2015 in the Large Company category, a jump from No. 29 last year.
The Disability Matters Asia-Pacific 2015 conference honored Cisco with two awards. We create an environment that empowers employees who live with disabilities or have family members with disabilities.
Working Mother magazine included us on the list of Best Companies for Multicultural Women.
GI Jobs magazine listed Cisco as one of the Top 20 Military Friendly Employers in their June 2015 issue.
We were recognized as the Best Employer for Marketing and Support to Asian Pacific American Community.
Yvette Kanouff, SVP and General Manager of our Video Technology Group, is on the Cablefax 100 Digital Hot List for 2015. “Kanouff has focused her tremendous technical knowledge and strategic planning skills to advance all areas of Cisco’s video software portfolio, from content streaming to content security.” See photos from the awards event.
The RSA Conference presented the award for Excellence in the Field of Information Security to John Stewart, our SVP and Chief Security and Trust Officer. John was recognized for “his work driving security excellence across Cisco and helping elevate awareness across the industry of the importance of trust, accountability and transparency from IT vendors.”
Greg Akers, SVP of Advanced Security Research and Government, was honored as a Disability Champion at Disability Matters 2015. Greg actively supports the empowerment of employees with disabilities, and he creates awareness of the unique perspectives they bring to the workplace.
Edna Conway, Sr. Director Supply Chain Security, won the Supply Chain Security Pros to Know Award, which recognizes executives delivering solutions that meet the challenges of the future.
Esther Roure Vila, Customer Support Engineer, was named European Digital Woman of the Year for her efforts on behalf of women in science and engineering.
Esme Barriga, Cisco Services program manager, was chosen by the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR) to take part in the 2015 HACR Young Hispanic Corporate Achievers Program (YHCA).
Our Products and Technology
- Data Center—For Cisco Intelligent Traffic Director. Read the blog post and watch the video.
- Mobility—Cisco Hyperlocation Module. Read the article “What is the Hype About Hyperlocation.”
- SDN—Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller for Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure. Read the article and watch the video.
- Chief Security Officer of the Year (Gold Award) to John N. Stewart, our SVP and Chief Security and Trust Officer
- Security/IT Project of the Year (Silver Award) to Sujata Ramamoorthy, Director of Information Security, for her team’s execution of the Cisco Unified Security Metrics project
- Unified Communications Vendor of the Year—In recognition of the Cisco Service Exchange Platform, a UC deployment in Kuwait, and Collaboration Meeting Rooms
- Cloud Implementation of the Year—For innovative use of Cisco technology to deliver radiology services to remote areas
- Networking Professional of the Year—To Wael Abdulal, Senior Manager of Collaboration
Our Application Centric Infrastructure was selected by Sing Tao Daily IT Square Editor’s Choice 2015, as the Best Next Generation Data Center Networking Architecture.
- Networking in the Enterprise LAN category
- Security in the Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention category
Our Cisco Digital Learning Platform received Platinum honors in the category of Best New Technology Implementation from the LearnX Foundation.
The Global Telecom Business Summit and Innovation Awards highlight solutions created by telecom vendors and operators working together.
Cisco and XL Axiata jointly won the Network Infrastructure Innovation award for transforming mobile service delivery in Indonesia. Cisco, our partner Telindus, and Aspider-NGI won the award for Business Service Innovation.
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) gave us a Gold Quill Award for Excellence in Digital Communications. We introduced an online tool that makes it easy for employees to select the medical plan that’s right for them.
We received IABC’s Gold Quill Award for Corporate Social Responsibility Communications for the work led by Jena Corda, Employee Communications Manager, in partnership with our Community Relations team on a successful Global Hunger Relief campaign.
The IABC also gave the Gold Quill award to Michael Lenz, Director of Brand Experience, and Mark Buchanan, Brand Language Program Lead, in recognition of Ten Tips for Better Writing, a widely used guide for writing in our new more natural voice.
Did you know? You can share this story using the social media icons on the upper left. Use the hashtag #WeAreCisco. You can also rate or comment on the story below.