Did you know? You can share this story using the social media icons on the left. Please include the hashtag #WeAreCisco. You can also rate and comment on the story below.
Rock Around the World with the NBA
Professional basketball and live music—what could be better, right?
Well at last month's Rock in Rio event in Brazil, that's exactly what basketball and music fans experienced at one of the world's largest celebrations of music. More than 700,000 attendees enjoyed the atmosphere at Rock in Rio. Cisco played a leading role thanks to our partnership with the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Cisco has been an Official Technology Partner of the NBA since 2007, working hand in hand with to enable new fan experiences and ways for people around the world to interact with the game they love. From the Rock in Rio extravaganza to multiple Global Games on multiple continents, our partnership with the NBA gives Cisco the opportunity to tell our stories, showcase our technology and amplify our brand around the globe.
Here are some highlights:
- At the 2017 Rock in Rio festival, Cisco was the presenting sponsor of the NBA Fan Zone, one of the most popular activities of the event. Our technology created an unforgettable experience for fans to immerse themselves in their favorite sport. More than 120,000 fans enjoyed the interactive experience at Game XP Arena, which included bringing NBA legends to their fans through Cisco TelePresence. The experience also included putting fans in front row seats for a virtual reality (VR) NBA game and so much more.
- The 2017 Global Games China offered Cisco customers, employees and local students the opportunity to interact and engage with their favorite sport and players. Activities included a clinic for employees and students with NBA Legend Jason Richardson in Shanghai; a meet and greet with VIP guests in Shenzhen; TelePresence interviews with NBA coaches Steve Kerr and Tom Thibodeau, among others; and the opportunity of a lifetime for 10 lucky local Networking Academy students to work the events.
- Looking ahead to the 2018 Global Games in Mexico City and London, Cisco customers, employees and Networking Academy students will experience once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to mix and mingle with NBA Legends, coaches and players.
With the 2017-2018 NBA season just about to get underway, excitement for the game of basketball is on the rise and Cisco is proud to play a leading role in connecting more people around the world to the game they love.
Stay tuned for more exciting opportunities for employees throughout the NBA season!
- Cisco x NBA
- Music Matters: Cisco and the Good Life Foundation
- Countdown Begins–Three Years Until Tokyo 2020 Games
- Cisco Dives into Digitizing Live Concerts
- Global Sponsorship Spark Room
Connect everything. Innovate everywhere. Benefit everyone.